I believe a few grey hairs just sprouted atop my freshly dyed hair at the realization that summer is, gasp, almost over. I'm sure this could be well argued with the painful Southern heat, but August to me signifies that my love for watermelon, bare feet in thick grass chasing fireflies, and days spent lounging by the pool are coming to a quick end. Soon we'll see bright yellow school buses and yappy children run amuck (well at least in my neighborhood they're yappy. They're also sassy, loud, annoying, and rude. But that is another story for another day...). With a month left of fun and sure-to-be mayhem, I cannot help but think of how crazy my summer truly has been.
I spent the entire month of June traveling a small portion of the globe, and fell obviously in love with a beautiful country, a beautiful people, and a beautiful Lord. My heat swelled a thousand times over when I saw these beautiful faces...

My heart changed in more ways than one during my month away, returning home to the surburan normalcy startled me just a bit. I was ever so joyful to see and spend many a wonderful summer days with my lovely girlfriends, whether it be pool side, at the Lake, or my personal all time favorite summer...movies (my brain is all a mush from trying to figure out my new personal favorite Inception), and of course catching a fun summer concert or two...
A painfully slow work schedule, mirroed in a debleted wallet, left me bored and restless. Resorting to the recipes of Southern Living fulfilled my hearts content, where a made a tasty delight or two, or three.
(This, my friends, is a yummy attempt at fried plaintanes, the delish treat I became ever so obsessed with during my time in Haiti).I also got to laugh endlessly with this beautiful girl(the gorgeous gal in the middle, my dear, sweet Kelly), and watch her plan her sure to be fan freakin tabulous wedding. Oh I cannot wait to slap the dance floor to some Justin Bieber with this chica.

Summer's end seems to be fast apporaching and restless as to what waits around the corner, I'm anxious to fill my time with the most merriment possible. We do have the month of August after all to rush into action all the things we've desired to accomplish and well haven't...including my mile high reading list...

Oh the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer indeed:)
No comments:
Post a Comment