Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hey Y'all!

On Monday, a personal idol of mine, Ms. Paula Deen, celebrated her 62nd birthday.  I'm a HUGE Paula Deen fan, and words cannot even begin to describe my deep and what seems endless obsession with the woman.  I can't define what draws me to this woman like a moth to the light.  Maybe it's her bounty of southern charm, her good home cooking, her twang, her cackle, or maybe its' the fact that she's the only Food Network star to be censored.  Yep, you heard that, even the lady of charm has some crudeness to her too.  I love all her deliciousrecipes, but will the first to admit, if you don't like the butter, you won't like the food.  It doesn't just come with the package...it's the tape that holds it together.



In honor of Paula Deen's birthday I thought I'd share one of my favorite recipes of hers.  Try it and you'll agree with me, it's the best mac and cheese ever.  Happy birthday Ms. Deen!

Lady's Mac and Cheese

What you'll need:
-4 cups cooked macaroni (or 2 cups uncooked)
-2 cups grated cheddar cheese
-3 eggs beaten
-1/2 cup sour cream
-4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 cup milk

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Once macaroni is cooked and drained, place in a large bowl and while still hot add the cheddar.  Mix.  In a separate bowl mix together the remaining ingredients and add the macaroni mixture.  Pour into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.  Top with additional cheese if desired.

No comments: