Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Random Things....

This was stolen from a tagged note on Facebook that I thought was rather fun.  Enjoy the little tidbits of random facts about yours truly.

Rules: You must write 25 random things about yourself, then tag 25 about whom you would like to know more and send it back to the person who started it- that would be me. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you!

1. I cry only out of my right eye. I mean it. I literally can only cry out of my right eye. Without fail my left eye will water and my right will have streams and streams when I do cry. 

2. When I was a kid, I used to do mock Entertainment Tonight interviews about what a big and talented child star I was. Hey what can I say, I was obesessed with celebrity culture then too.

3. I had bedsheets. I only truly like the feeling of a good comforter and that's it. 

4. I am without fail probably one of the worst singers in the whole world, and if I ever auditioned for american idol I would make the gag reel of horrible singers that everyone laughs it. With that said I love singing and am sad God didn't make me a better singer. That doesn't stop me from belting every song I know when I'm driving in my car. 

5. For some reason I loathe reading Nicholas Sparks books. It's not that I don't like the stories told, I just don't understand how the same dang story can be told a million times over. I still firmly believe the Notebook is one of the most amazing movies and books I've ever read.

6. I love anything that has avoacados in it. Omg is that the best taste in the whole wide word.

7. I've written a thirty by thirty master list and I've yet to do about 28 of the things on that list. 

8. I had this crazy disease when I was nine that affects about 10 kids in the charlotte area a year (do the math, those are some crazy odds there). I woke up one July morning with the flu and couldn't walk-no lie. They found out it was these crazy disease and if I hadn't been treated right then and there I would have had to have my leg amputated. True story. There is even a facebook group created in my honor titled the Peg Leg Emily group.

9. I hate it when people grab my calfs. I kick and scream like a little girl if anyone dares touch it.

10. I named my boobs Mary Kate and Ashley after the Olsen Twins, but after many years I think they should rightly be called Venius and Serena.

11. I have this deathly fear of falling...not heights, or sharks or snakes, but falling. I would never get on top of a bunk bed bc i was afraid I'd fall getting half and hurt myself. Too bad I actually fell recently and got a severe sprang ankle cuz of it.

12. I hate winter sports. Skiing, snow, everything. 

13. I had a my buddy doll when I was little that was the brunette version of Chucky. It was quite tramatic for me.

14. I nearly drowned twice when I was a child white water rafting. Our two person raft flipped and trapped me under it the first time. Same trip, we flipped near a rock and I got my foot wedged by the undertoe beneath the rock and nearly drowned after not getting air for a good minute. On the way to the car after that whole experience I also got stung by a dozen bees. It was probably the worst day of my life.

15. I think dark chocolate is heaven on earth.

16. I've seen the broadway play chicago eight times. You could say it's a slight obesession of mine.

17. I wanted a rabbit for my tenth birthday but picked The Lion King and those ugly mini backpacks for my present instead. 

18. My neighbor Felix used to pull my lose teeth for me when I was a kid with his dirty pocket handachief. I discovered the tooth fairy wasn't real when he pulled one of my teeth and I hid it from my parents for a whole week waiting for money. When I finally told them I got a whole fifty cents. Whoa!

19. My favorite childhood memory is reading American Girl books underneath this massive oak tree at my grandfathers farm in GA.

20. I never know the right words to any song so I always create my own...like, "from the wall to the window...ahhh...i am....mother father." (And that song will be played at my wedding...classy.)

21. I cheat on board games (as if it's possible). Ask anybody that is partnered with me and they know I always find a way to beat everyone else. 

22. My favorite movie of all time is The Sound of Music. I have this slight desire to walk down the aisle when I'm getting married as Maria did (the same music I mean). Creepy as I'm named Emily? Noooo.

23. My dad played me Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon when I was a kid. He only did when my mom wasn't home but bc of that I think he is the coolest day ever.

24. I can't stand it when people have bad posture. Gross habit even if I do it too.

25. If we were to play the classic porn star name game mine would be Huskey Painter. Nice.

No comments: