Friday, January 29, 2010

"I think this steak is marinated in butter it's so good!"

I apologize for being MIA for the last week or so, I'm in slight morning for Conan's departure from late night (you think I'm kidding?). I have though, been packing my light work weeks with fun and exciting activities, such as celebrating Charlotte's amazing Restaurant Week by biting into a delicious steak at Ruth's Chris with these fine and well dressed people...


Charlotte Restaurant week is a strange combination of ingenious and economically brilliant. It is a single week during the year show casing some of the city's best restaurants that may not ordinarily be as accessible. Basically you can go anywhere and enjoy three courses for $30. So of course this fine, dapper, and fun group of people decided to go to Ruth's Chris, a place we usually wouldn't be able to go to on our small budgets. The evening was great, the steak even better, and the chocolate cake? Sinful. I wish my budget allowed for me to explore the other fabulous participating restaurants, maybe next year?
On an amazing side note...
This is one of my oldest, dearest, and bestest friends in the whole wide world, Miss Kelly. We've known each other since we used to spend our childhood summer days at the neighborhood pool, and I can't imagine not knowing each other until we're old and grey. In fact we've even joked about keeping up our crazy antics while we're rolling around in the nursing home. So without further ado I must announce her enagement to her beloved Aaron. Aaron likes to joke, "I liked it so I put a ring on it." I couldn't be happier for these, and words cannot even begin to describe how amazing these two are together, and what pleasure I take in being able to watch their beautiful day. Congrats Kel and Aaron!

No comments: