After catching my breath from the all too loud gasp at just discovering my latest and greatest treasure, I hurried on and purchased this bad boy in hopes that I could round up my delightful summer underneath the shade of a tree reading about Elizabeth, Darcy, and all the other fantastic characters that Miss Austen wrote about. After all, she said,"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library"( Pride and Prejudice, 1811).
...the chronicles of a twenty something figuring out her place in the world...and all the musings, inspirations, and adventures to match...
Monday, August 2, 2010
The latest addition to my mile high summer reading list...
During a recent adventure in a fantastic used bookstore in downtown Asheville, NC, I came across this amazing beauty..
After catching my breath from the all too loud gasp at just discovering my latest and greatest treasure, I hurried on and purchased this bad boy in hopes that I could round up my delightful summer underneath the shade of a tree reading about Elizabeth, Darcy, and all the other fantastic characters that Miss Austen wrote about. After all, she said,"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library"( Pride and Prejudice, 1811).
After catching my breath from the all too loud gasp at just discovering my latest and greatest treasure, I hurried on and purchased this bad boy in hopes that I could round up my delightful summer underneath the shade of a tree reading about Elizabeth, Darcy, and all the other fantastic characters that Miss Austen wrote about. After all, she said,"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library"( Pride and Prejudice, 1811).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh how I love book stores, especially used book stores! What a great find! Enjoy your reading!!
Post a Comment