So I'm already slack on this whole posting thing, and it's probably because I'm such a perfectastionist when it comes to writing. No really I am, it takes me twice as long to write an essay than most people, not because I can't write or I don't know what to say, it's because I want it to be the best piece of literary writing anyone has ever read, blog included. However, I've come to the conclusion that at this I will fail most miserably, because let's face it blogs aren't designed to be great masterpieces, and those that can turn the simplest piece of writing into some extraordinary really do have a talent that needs to be commended.
With all that said, I'm going to be spend this blog catching all of you ( all of you being probably the one person who knows about my blog, but still that's not the point) up on things. Things while simple are very satisfying, and quite fulfilling. I recently took a seasonal retail position at Ann Taylor Loft. It's been tough finding a decent job during this economic crisis we're under, I've sent out dozens of resumes, cover letters, and follow up phone calls and e-mails, having purposefully steering away from corporate positions and aimed more for secretarial, office like jobs that can really build my resume. However, a friend encouraged me to apply at her job for the holidays, and I figured it would be a great experience, as I'm a firm believer that every experience aides in the next. So for the past week I've been working there, and enjoying it, but trying desperately to avoid spending my entire first paycheck there.
In addition to my new job, my social calender has been full with all sorts of fun activities over the last few weeks. A few weeks ago my friend Cameron celebrated her birthday at the US White Water Center and we spent the day rock climbing and exploring the trails. While I myself didn't partake in the climbing aspect of our day adventure, I did take it upon myself to be the group photographer and below are some of the pictures from the day. That same weekend the girls (being the Bffers of course, Lisa, Hannah, and Nikki) traveled up to Grandfather Mountain to go hiking. Too bad it was the coldest freaking day of the year up there! It was horribly windy and we were severely under dressed in our multiple long layers. To make matters worse, I somehow got a flat tire on the way up there, and spent a lot of the day on the phone with AAA and getting my spare put on by the super friendly park staff. But overall the day was wonderful and am I'm so glad our BFFer mountain trip finally came to be.
In some similar exciting news, Cameron and I saw Chicago not once, no, but twice this week and still love it just as much as ever. If you don't know, Cameron and I both are obsessed with the production, as this was my sixth time seeing the play and probably no lie Cameron's 18th. Yes I just said 18th! We had the pleasure of seeing the play for the first time together in New York City when Wayne Brady played Billy Flynn and we both were hooked. A few months later Cameron moved to NYC (coincidence, I think not) and every visit to see her included a trip to the box office to get our student rush tickets to see the show, where we sat wide eyed, mouthing every word to every song, and basically dying on the inside with excitement. Cameron spent the last year in international missions and I at UNCW, so our Chicago fix was long overdue. We fed our obsession with $20 student tickets and second row seats, for not one but two performances of the show, and loved, loved, loved, loved it! The first night was a combined mother daughter date, and last night Cameron, myself, and a friend all got to see it sitting in the second row. You could feel the heat and sweat as they danced to all that jazz. Afterwards, Cameron and I stalked the stage door in true NYC fashion where we talked with my favorite Amos to date, and her favorite Roxie to date as well. To put it mildy we really like the show.
Everything else in life is rather simple but again as I said before satisfying. Catching movies here and there (definitely recommend Quantum of Solace) and spending time with my family and friends here in Charlotte is rather fulfilling. Got some exciting plans for the next few weeks like Old Crow Medicine show, and Thanksgiving! I'll promise to post more often, as I've already thrown all attempts at eloquent verse out the window.
No comments:
Post a Comment