...the chronicles of a twenty something figuring out her place in the world...and all the musings, inspirations, and adventures to match...
Monday, November 24, 2008
The news report says it might snow here in Charlotte tonight and the simple thought of that makes me giddy with excitement. It's been quite a long time since I've seen a decent amount of snow, or actually snow that sticks to the ground, and with the holiday season coming up I can't help but feel a sense of great warmth at the thought of the cold, cold snow. Like Lorelei Gilmore in Gilmore Girls, the first snow is always the best snow, and its symbolism is beyond the simplicity of the actual snow itself. So as I head into work I can't help but smile a little, as I imagine that when I get off I can curl up on the couch with a warm cup of hot coco and the company of good friends and laughter. That to me my friend is the holidays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment