Sunday, June 21, 2009

The perfect pair..

One of my beloved girlfriends Alisha is married! Last night was her wedding to her college best friend turned love of her life James, and it was beautiful, fun, and exciting. Alisha is the first of my girlfriends to get married, and while scary (hello we're of happily ever after, forever, holy crap we are adults age!) I'm actually really excited for her and so thankful that she let me partake in the wonderful occasion with her, which truly was wonderful. For several months I heard detail after detail of how her big day would unfold, and then when it did the pieces fell into place perfectly. The couple's ceremony took place at our childhood church, and was officiated by both our head pastor (who married both her mother and father years ago) as well as her father (a pastor himself). The reception included many familiar faces, great conversations, a delicious chocolate fountain, a first dance to my favorite Iron and Wine song, an obsession with the camera and the happy couple, and a blushing bride who couldn't stop saying, "I'm married!" I thought I would share some of those pictures with you now, so you could get a taste of the fun and excitement. Congratulations James and Alisha! The couple's gift to everyone? Pairs with a ribbon and paper that read: James and Alisha, the perfect pair. So true and so cute!
My lovely dates for the evening
The bride and groom making their exist with some highly dangerous sparklers (I would know). But yay for the newlyweds!

No comments: