Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009, I shall miss thee...

It's hard to believe that 2009 is coming to close, and the beginning of new year is commencing, I'm still in shock that it's not January of this past year. So much has happened, and yet at the same time so little has been accomplishment, something strangely I have so much happiness and peace about. I say this because by my very nature I'm an anxious and worrisome person, with many a complexity, so I delight in the pure joy of growing leaps and bounds from points of fearful anxiety and darker days to a place of comfort and joy. With this new found freedom, comes, well, a little bit of oversight on some things, including unmailed but written Christmas cards (Emily Post is rolling over in her grave as we speak), updating this blog, and so, so much more (including forgetting to mail in a hefty rebate for a certain phone, errrr). I wanted to take the time now, to reflect on my amazing year.

In 2009 I celebrated milestone birthdays..
...and weddings...

...enjoyed summer concert season...

...traveled to the Bahamas...

...and New York...
...saw Britney for the first time,

...practiced being a party planner...

...developed a new crush...

...went to my first SEC football game (yay Bama!)..

...founded new friendships...

...and nurtured old ones...
and loved bonding with my work buddies,


and so, so, so much more.

2010 is sure to be an amazing year, full of much promise. I'm excited at the prospect of new beginnings (such as going back to school for Interior Design), continuing to grow into my adult self (paying off my Car AND moving out of Mom and Dad's), and finally taking that step towards living a healthy life (bring it on Weight Watcher Wednesdays). As much as things change, and trails come my way, I'll continue to seek the Lord's direction in my life, and grow in the peace I have in Him and who he has created me to be. Happy New Year all!

No comments: