Monday, December 7, 2009

The Blind Side..

...saw it. Loved it. Will own it immediately upon it's realize onto DVD. Enough said?



I think not. This film, based on the true life story of Baltimore Ravens player Michael Oher and defines the values of family, love, and what it means to do what is right and just in just in the world. While I was prepared to shed a tear or two, I internally did a few cartwheels and fist pumps of victory and glee that I did not. This did not mean the film lacked that certain quality to draw you in with the emotion, no in fact on the contrary it is full of the very emotion that audience's reveal in; joy, happiness, laughter, triumph and goodwill. The story, as many are well aware of at this point, follows an impoverished and hard on his luck Oher as he meets his guardian angel of sorts Leigh Ann Tuohy, played by the wonderful Sandra Bullock (please excuse the horrible drawl, she knows not what she did) who's act of spotantous love proves to be greatest definition of good smaratianship imaginable, as she provides and encourages a life for Oher that far exceeds any imagination or exception. I adored this film for far more than The Remember The Titans esque quality that the film held in regards to football (who doesn't love a good football film?) but for the good family values that it clearly promoted and supplemental messaging of loving thy neighbor. It's about time American films got back to the root of things and promote good family values with such films, and coming from a girl who craves a good independent, Oscar contenting film, this means, well, a lot. I highly recommend this film if you have not already seen it, as it surely will not disappoint.

1 comment:

wearingmascara said...

I need to see this so bad!!!! Everyone keeps talking about it :-)