I like to say awkward things. My life is full of awkward moments. I tend to be creepy in more ways than one, and it seems so natural I assume no one things differently or oddly of me.
Just note some of my recent random and unusual behavior:
-Announcing that the reason I was so tired was because I stayed up into the wee early morning hours facebook stalking all my friends and people I've met once. This may have creep ed a few people out, but I just shrugged my shoulders as if it was nothing.
-I asked a complete stranger at church how she got her hair to bounce the way that she did. She smiled and said she curled it. I may or may not have asked for a physical demonstration of her curling methods. I did resist the urge to pet her gorgeous locks. It took all the will in me, but the urge was well resisted.
-In an effort to allude to the good old menstrual cycle and my lack of ability to think of the term "Aunt Flow" I said I was preparing for motherhood. Gesturing towards my belly and given the fact that I was in fact talking to an expectant mother, it seemed quite odd. I then had to explain that these zits meant a period was on the way. Preparing for motherhood indeed.
-I literally just commented on a blog that I didn't want to appear creepy. I think appear creepy I did.
-During a conversation with a friend, I started playing with her oh so pretty and soft scarf. While she was wearing it. I then apologized profusely for my strange behavior.
-The fact that I burst out into random Glee songs, which make little to no sense to most people. Singing "You're having my baby" while grocery shopping always delights both my shopping companions and random strangers. It's actually borderline uncomfortable when the older gentleman buying eggs eyes me up and down and then shakes his head in disapproval. If he only knew the magic of Glee. Poor old man.
-I sometimes complete my sentences aloud to friends. Just yesterday, I pointed to the clock in the car and said, "It's 9:14 Kelly." I said, and well thought nothing until Kelly looks and me as to say huh? I then explain, "I was just wondering what time it was."
You might also want to note that I have an insane amount of different laughs that annoy the crap out of me, but somehow they keep coming out. One might be alarmed if a normal, non boisterous sound comes out of my mouth when I'm struck funny. Be very worried indeed.
All these actions show that I'm equally awkward and weird, yet I'm sure in some small, little bitty way, I'm just a physical manifestation of every one's inward unusual nature. At least I hope. Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment