Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Overwhelmed?

I'm having one of those in the- funk-kind of days, err few days actually. Challenges have been placed in my way that I feel sometimes too burdened to face. It's not the complicated, too heavy to handle, tears of pain and suffering kind of challenges. It's the crying over split milk kind.

I just don't know what it is that has me in this chaotic state. I'm facing a lot of unwanted anxiety, and I'm questioning if some possible health problems might be growing side effects from the ugly anxiety monster. I've literally felt my skin boil this weak, cursed many a random driver on the road, and then almost had a panic attack while performing normal tasks at work.

I should be alarmed, and in many ways I am. I tend to handle personal stress rather oddly. I will freak out, yell, scream, stomp my feat and pound my fist. Then after my ten minute temper tamptrom is over, I'm done. It's gone, and the stress? Well, put away for another day. Healthy? Perhaps not. It is however how sister christian deals.

With sudden changes and possibilities (an application for a month long missions trip to Haiti for relief work submitted) my stress seems to multiply. The anxiety has reached a head, and my heart? Feels like it's going to explode. Yet there is a strange comfort through all of this.

I have been praying profusly that God will cast away these feelings of anxiety and am blessed that he's placed wonderful friends (speaking to you my lovely Beth and Bachelor girls) that have encouraged, supported, and prayed for me over this. God doesn't want me to carry around this anxiety, the burden of some unknown stress, so I'm trying bit by bit to release it to him. I'm sure with time it will get better, my God and will move mountains of stress out of my life, I trust it to be so.

No comments: