Thursday, February 12, 2009

Look Maaahhh...

I love interior design and have on more than one occussion comprised a much needed item of clothing for an addition to my home.  In fact, in college, I strong efforts to have my apartment look nothing like that of the typical college kid, even being given large pieces of fine furniture as birthday presents.  It is a lifetime goal of mine to take my passion for design and create a career out of it in some form or fashion.  So below are some quick little photos of my lastest project of redoing one of my dining room chairs to add to my bedroom.

(The cool story about the before picture, is that I got the orginal set of dining room chairs for my first apartment at a yard sale for $2.50 a chair!  With the help of my father we stripped the chairs down, painted them white and covered the seats with the above fabric you see.  They are perhaps my single most precious piece of furniture acquired thus far in my adult life)

(To add comfort, I added some batting and foam to the seat)


No comments: