The weekend began on Friday night celebrating my dear friend Katie's 26th birthday (holla Katie!) at Howl At The Moon in downtown Charlotte. Not the biggest Howl fan, I did have a rather good time hanging out with some of my favorite girls, both old and newly formed, and really enjoyed our change of scenery, away from the couch, TV, and the endless supply of paint numbers. The evening, was slightly brief but enjoyable, ended rather nicely with a long overdue house sitting sleepover with my beloved friend Cameron.
The next day began with warm weather, the discovery of my newest interest, Brunch, and the luxury of a very productive day with a completed to-do list before early afternoon. What follows, is part of the soon to be coveted, perfect weekend recipe, the enjoyment of the soon to be ultimate chick flick He's Just Not That Into. The film was actually pretty good, and I highly recommend it for everyone, both gals and guys. Beware though, if you are slightest bit and empathetic movie goer, the film will produce an roller coaster of emotions, many that will have you making audible responses to the actions onscreen, the evidence of this week a theater full of women going, "Oooo, " "No!" Or my favorite from the girl sitting in the row in front of us, "He walks funny like that!"
Following the movie, the girls (Lisa, Hannah, Lauren and myself) grabbed dinner and discussed the obvious truths of the film and how they pertain to our everyday dating dilemmas. Sitting back, I couldn't help but revel in the fact that I'm fortunate enough to have such amazing girls to surround myself with, and blessed that this is how I get to spend my days. Talk about living the good life. The somewhat obvious perfect day ended again in Waxhaw at the home of a good friend, with a bowl of kettle corn, some delicious candy, root beer (perfection in and of itself), a good movie, and the presence once again of my beloved Cameron. (I know you're reading!)
To end an already wonderful weekend, I continued with my new favorite passion, movies in the afternoon, with the oh my goodness it's so good movie, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. This movie is truly great, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Brad Pitt to win an academy award for his role in the film.
When Sunday came to an end, so did my ideal and unadulterated weekend. For times like this, I thank God for blessing me with such an appreciation for the details of life, found in moments like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment