To begin I'll just simply state, that as an ACC girl, my exposure to the world of southern college football was far too limited, and consists mostly of cheering on my Carolina Panthers (fairweather fans need not apply). For us North Carolians, college basketball is our glory sport, yet for a state pack full of transplants, we have our roots planted sadly in further away states (I get sick every time I hear Hey Snoopy at a local bar because I know I'm in for an overzealous round of spelling O-H-I-O). To put it mildy, I was not prepared in the very least for the fandominum that is an SEC game, let alone a Alamaba Homecoming Game. Yet, I was in for a real treat.
After driving for a lengthy seven plus hours, we got a personal tour through Paul W. Bryant Stadium, where we got to bask in the the unadultered glory of the Crimson Tide pride. Above is a quick picture of us as we stood underneath the very place that the players run onto the field from. Unreal.
A close friend of ours (who shall remain nameless, picture less, and may in fact be imaginary due to a strong conflict of interest) is very involved with the school's athletics, and treated us to a wonderful weekend, pack full of Crimson pride and excitment down to every little detail. Below are some of the many pictures we took over the course of our fun weekend, including a jam packed Paul W. Bryant Stadium on game night, to a too chilly evening of cheering on our new favorite team, to so, so much more. A great weekend of SEC fun, that can't wait to be repeated.

No comments:
Post a Comment