...saw it, loved it, plan to live it. I cannot tell you where my sudden burst in anything and everything fashion related has come from, but consider this a gift from God, as I'm surrounded by my weekly and much appreciated overdose of Project Runway, The Rachel Zoe project, my Gossip Girl (yes, Serena Van Der Woodsen is a fashion icon in and of herself...Blair my darling, not so much), and now, with out further ado my new love the documentary The September Issue. This film follows Anna Wintour in the five month creation of the highly anticipated September issue of Vogue magazine, and is often referred to as the real Devil Wears Prada. I loved this film beyond measure for too many obvious reasons (the amazing photography, the clothes, oh dear the beautiful and richly designed clothes, the overflow of creative juices) but most importantly the no bars hold Wintor has on the fashion industry and the idolist reverence the world holds for her (I believe at one point in the film she was compared to, no lie on this one, the Pope). Yet Wintour, who admits her decisiveness is her best quality, almost becomes muted in the film as we follow who I believe to be the true star of the film, Grace Coddington, and her extremely amazing talent as both a stylest and a true artist who's canvas we purchase at the local newsstand for a little over five dollars. The love for this obvious protagonist grows immensely throughout the film as we discover that even the high up powers of Vogue magazine are not excluded from the cut throat world of fashion. I highly recommend seeing this film, if for anything the amazing artistry that is created by Coddington and alike, I doubt you will be disappointed. For a peak at the film check out this trailer below....the chronicles of a twenty something figuring out her place in the world...and all the musings, inspirations, and adventures to match...
Sunday, October 4, 2009
The September Issue...
...saw it, loved it, plan to live it. I cannot tell you where my sudden burst in anything and everything fashion related has come from, but consider this a gift from God, as I'm surrounded by my weekly and much appreciated overdose of Project Runway, The Rachel Zoe project, my Gossip Girl (yes, Serena Van Der Woodsen is a fashion icon in and of herself...Blair my darling, not so much), and now, with out further ado my new love the documentary The September Issue. This film follows Anna Wintour in the five month creation of the highly anticipated September issue of Vogue magazine, and is often referred to as the real Devil Wears Prada. I loved this film beyond measure for too many obvious reasons (the amazing photography, the clothes, oh dear the beautiful and richly designed clothes, the overflow of creative juices) but most importantly the no bars hold Wintor has on the fashion industry and the idolist reverence the world holds for her (I believe at one point in the film she was compared to, no lie on this one, the Pope). Yet Wintour, who admits her decisiveness is her best quality, almost becomes muted in the film as we follow who I believe to be the true star of the film, Grace Coddington, and her extremely amazing talent as both a stylest and a true artist who's canvas we purchase at the local newsstand for a little over five dollars. The love for this obvious protagonist grows immensely throughout the film as we discover that even the high up powers of Vogue magazine are not excluded from the cut throat world of fashion. I highly recommend seeing this film, if for anything the amazing artistry that is created by Coddington and alike, I doubt you will be disappointed. For a peak at the film check out this trailer below.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment