Thursday, December 11, 2008

"The name of the game is snaps..."

"Snaps is the name of the game, and the name of the game is snaps."
"Snaps isn't the name of the game, the name of the game isn't snaps."
"Snaps is the game of the name, the game of the name is snaps."

Last night I was curled up in bed indulging in one of the greatest guilty pleasures of all times, the good old chick flick.  My film of choice for the evening was PS I Love You, a film I hadn't seen in quite some time, yet was still as good as the first few times I had watched it.  There is a scene in the movie where Hilliary Swanks character celebrates her birthday at a popular gay bar in NYC, and her kooky sister learns the game of snaps.  Now I've seen this movie quite a few times and I try to pay special attention each time to this scene so that I too may learn the game of snaps, but once again I was lost to the meaning and purpose of the whole activity.  That's when I decided to do a little google research and I think it can be broken down into the following:
 You have to pay attention to the first letter of the words used, as well as vowels.  Each vowel contains a specific amount of snaps, such so that A is one snap, E two, I three, O four, and U five.  Given the example of the word SAVED, the game would be played as, "Snaps is the name of the game (snap), very snappy (snap, snap). 
Doesn't that seem rather hard?  And a bit confusing?  I challenge everyone to figure this one out I think my friend Kyle would be the first one to get this one, since he adores brain teasers. For help, try this link which I just found to be extremely helpful in breaking it down: http://joeymarie.livejournal.com/tag/movies%3B+ps+i+love+yo as well as this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtjchkXqcfk.  Good luck!

No comments: