I must admit when I saw the following I gasped with such glee and delight I nearly fell out of my seat and wept tears of joy. Think that might an overly dramatic response to hopefully the best cinematic experience of my life? Not in the least. I must explain that sitting in a dark theater, urging the usual drum of movie previews to progress ever so quickly so that I could see my (I did just my didn't I?) Harry Potter, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the preview for perhaps the best children's book ever turned feature film, Where The Wild Things Are. Gasping only muted the inner cries of my being and the yes's that surely filled my beating heart. Where The Wild Things Are has been a childhood favorite of mine, where many of verse, line, and sentence can and probably will be said aloud at any given moment. Delight and joy is a simple understatement for the feelings stirring inside at simple reflection...it's freaking Where The Wild Things Are after all! My minor (at this point rather large really) obsession into the world of Maximus and the wild things, even includes a Wild Thing themed nursery for a yet to be born child named Max (coincidence I'm sure...). Please don't be intimidated by my borderline creepy description here, take a peek for yourself, and hopefully discover the slice of magic I too see.(PS-how great is the Arcade Fire song Wake Up in this trailer? It has me pumped for the soundtrack.)
...the chronicles of a twenty something figuring out her place in the world...and all the musings, inspirations, and adventures to match...
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Let the loud rompous begin...
I must admit when I saw the following I gasped with such glee and delight I nearly fell out of my seat and wept tears of joy. Think that might an overly dramatic response to hopefully the best cinematic experience of my life? Not in the least. I must explain that sitting in a dark theater, urging the usual drum of movie previews to progress ever so quickly so that I could see my (I did just my didn't I?) Harry Potter, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the preview for perhaps the best children's book ever turned feature film, Where The Wild Things Are. Gasping only muted the inner cries of my being and the yes's that surely filled my beating heart. Where The Wild Things Are has been a childhood favorite of mine, where many of verse, line, and sentence can and probably will be said aloud at any given moment. Delight and joy is a simple understatement for the feelings stirring inside at simple reflection...it's freaking Where The Wild Things Are after all! My minor (at this point rather large really) obsession into the world of Maximus and the wild things, even includes a Wild Thing themed nursery for a yet to be born child named Max (coincidence I'm sure...). Please don't be intimidated by my borderline creepy description here, take a peek for yourself, and hopefully discover the slice of magic I too see.(PS-how great is the Arcade Fire song Wake Up in this trailer? It has me pumped for the soundtrack.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment