Friday, July 24, 2009

This will be me tomorrow morning...

...because the family will be hitting the road bright and early to come to this destination...

...beautiful Charleston, SC. And then heading to this beautiful island....

...where they filmed this movie....

...indulging in some sun, sand, and relaxation southern style in wonderful and oh so quiet Edisto Island, SC. I haven't forgotten to pack my latest guilty pleasure...

...and an iPod full of The Strokes, Killers, Kings of Leon, Elton, Etta, Buble, Kenny, and Kelly, along with an seemingly endless supply of wine, a deck of cards, a thick collection of classic DVDs such as Uncle Buck, Sabrina, and my childhood favorite Shag, as well as a monstrous edition of Apples to Apples. Of course my enduring family will be there for our first real family vacation in years. I'm looking forward to a week of unwinding with no game plan, no to-do list, no worries (I'm doing my best to leave them at home, promise). I plan on taking albums worth of pictures showcasing the true beauty that is this small little Island, and promise to share back soon. Bon voyage for now y'all!

No comments: