...the chronicles of a twenty something figuring out her place in the world...and all the musings, inspirations, and adventures to match...
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Blues, Brews, and BBQ
I once again cannot believe that the weekend has come and gone and we are heading into yet another one (although this could not come quick enough for me because I will be beach side in the Bahamas!). I'm starting to wonder what exactly a weekend is, because to me it's just a title you put on Saturday and Sunday, not the rest and relaxation many may experience. Despite my insane work schedule this weekend, I did make a special trip to downtown Charlotte for our BBQ and Blues festival, where we chomped down on gyros, BBQ, funnel cake, and saw plenty a crazy and wonderful sight. Below are some fun pictures of our fun evening out.
Here is Hannah and Nikki highlighting the necessity of some after dinner antacids...you will need this after taking part in the overwhelming amount of southern cuisine offered.
The food was of course yummy (will empty your pockets, but of course it is worth it). Our dear friend Kyle wore this during the festival and the fun downtown afterwards to remind everyone that it is in fact fall, and that we must begin to bundle up, starting with our heads of course. Kyle, kyle, kyle...
The best part of the festival was the animals, a whole petting zoo full of llamas, camels, rams, ponies, and this little lamb.
At last a reminder that fall is here, and thus we must document with a worthy and may I say very cute picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment