Monday, September 28, 2009

Kate Gosselin, Mama of 8

A few weeks ago I went to the Southern Woman's Show here in Charlotte and much to my dismay I actually enjoyed myself. Perhaps it was my choice of company (I love my friends Nikki and Lauren almost too much), the plethora of southern goodies that I have no shame being in love (excessive monogrammed goods and David Yurman knock offs), an abundance of free food (I've become that old woman at Sam's Club who lingers by the free sample tables), or it could be that my mounting age means I, gasp, enjoy doing this type of "thang." With all that aside, I believe the true reason I enjoyed myself so much is the fact that Kate Gosselin, the mama of those adorable eight little babies, was highlight speaker of the show, discussing almost anything and everything, with a few (okay several limitations).



I'm a huge Jon and Kate fan (let me edit that a bit and say wasa huge Jon and Kate Plus 8 fan, before public messy divorce) and was anxious to hear what Kate had to say, but sadly I must report, it was pretty tame. I did get this wonderful shot of her though, and the caption on my facebook reads, "This is when Kate discovered there was a world wide shortage of self tanner...tragic."



The rest of the woman's show was fun, as I grabbed a little too many goodies (worth every penny) and even had a few celeb sightings, like this one below. Nikki and I couldn't help but express our love for Mateo, he's such a charmer.

1 comment:

Gleatie said...

I could always use ANYTHING preppy and monogrammed! I bet y'all had a great time! I just found your blog from The Pink Chick. I'm hosting a cute giveaway of monogrammed grocery bags right now on my blog. come enter if you want to! Can't wait to read more!

www.gleatieanddeaner.blogspot.com