Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I woke up today and realized I am no longer that twenty year old in a perpetual state of transition but instead a full fledged adult.  Whether I own up to this epiphany or not is still in question, but it has created a rush of nostalgia and a flood a memories to come rushing back to me.  Blame it on the warm weather and the start of spring, but I can't help but pain for the carefree days of just a few short years ago where I was a young college freshman road tripping my spring break with friends, nicknaming everything and everyone in sight, and creating a Kris Kringle list of inside jokes and memories.  Photographs truly are worth a thousand words, telling a grand tale of the person being captured, the joy of that moment, the udder simplicity of it all, and the ever so complex and evident sense of envy to be brought back to that single great moment in time.  So I'm leaving today with one of my favorite memories spent my best friends.

(Isn't this picture cute? It's the BFFers at our 80's New Years bash a few years ago. Can't you tell I'm Tom Cruise circa Risky Business? I miss memories like this, but soo thankful I still have these lovely ladies in my life)

No comments: