...the chronicles of a twenty something figuring out her place in the world...and all the musings, inspirations, and adventures to match...
Monday, March 9, 2009
Pay it forward...
I recently had a very encouraging moment when I was the recipient of pay it forward kind gesture. As I approached the drive through window at my local Chick-F-La, a five dollar bill was held out in the cashiers hand. The woman kindly told me that the customer in front of me would like to contribute the money towards my meal and wishes me a blessed day. While a small amount, the kind act that this stranger did blew me away and for a brief moment I was actually speechless. "What...huh? She just gave that... to you...for me?" How incredibly sweet and touching. Life sometimes has a way of getting away from us, as we become consumed by the everyday challenges and stresses we face, that we often see the call to do good and, "help thy neighbor" to be a bit overwhelming and even intimidating. This loving gesture by a complete and udder stranger is a reminder that in the end it isn't really the big, grand acts that restore our faith in the human spirit, but the small, almost unnoticed ones like this. I encourage you all to go out with me and pay it forward!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment