Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hello Love...

This past Thursday evening, I had the amazing pleasure of attending Chris Tomlin's Hello Love concert with my girls Ash and Lisa. To say it was wonderful and soul soothing is an extreme understatement. My week prior to the concert was an emotional roller coaster for me, as I battled bouts of anger, frustration, extreme sadness, self loathing, and then bursts of extreme happiness and content in between. My heart was in need of some strong therapy and comfort, something I was seeking in both the company of amazing girlfriends and a night of worship.



Due to my emotionally tough week, I was slightly hesitant to really enjoy the concert, as I was afraid my heart would become overwhelmed once again, and tears would flood out. A lifetime of guilt and shame as a Christian most always serves as the greatest roadblock in my faith, however, for this particular evening I was afraid to feel drawn into worship because I was fearful of the outpouring of emotions, I had already felt so much I didn't know what more I could handle. Yet, the Lord is good, and through the lyrics of many of the same songs I've heard a thousand times over, he spoke to me, and comforted my aching heart. The picture above captures the three of us at the end of the evening and you can obviously tell I cried a bit (the good, I-needed-to-release-that kind of tears). The night was wonderful and if anyone has yet to hear Chris Tomlin, I strongly encourage you to get his CD, he is an amazing singer and songwriter.

No comments: