Thursday, April 16, 2009

I just discovered a slice of design heaven...

The one thing I love about the blogging community is discovering new little pockets of creativity and inspiration everywhere I turn. I find what people post, and the varied personal talents of bloggers, so completely fascinating. While I'm sure these bloggers are unaware of my growing addiction to said talents, I'm finding myself inspired and encouraged to continue in my efforts towards design and more.

I'd thought I'd share with you below some of my favorite recent addictions, some I follow daily, and others I eye every now and then, all equally amazing. Please enjoy!

I happened upon Making It Lovely by mistake. I cannot tell you how, but I will consider it my little blessing in disguise, as I frequent this site daily just to see what stroke of creative genius will erupt next. I literally awe and ooo over every attention to detail, and every transformation, and am utterly amazed that the sites owner is 9 months pregnant and still painting beautiful flowers on her front porch. Ahh, the bar of expectation is now set high, thanks a lot!=)
My other site of interest is Design Sponge. A personal life goal of mine to start my own business of furniture restoration and design is encouraged and inspired by this very site. I feel motivated by the various before and after pictures and yearn for opportunity to practice what I see, and hope that one day my own little creations will appear on the site. Ahh the joys of inspiration and fascination.
Making It Lovely's dear friends at This Young House, have a fantastic home and really demonstrate the potential of home restoration, and all on a budget too. They recently were featured in The Knot's spin off magazine The Nest, and their home is incredible.
Above are just a few of my favorites, and I hope to feature some more, but for now I'm in design heaven...along with my new Domino Book of Decorating. Enjoy!

2 comments:

BLC :o said...

Oh la la! How did I not know Domino had a book on deco!? Thanks for sharing. Xoxo-BLC

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing about Making It Lovely! I heart it!