Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"25 years old, my mother god rest her soul..."

I have some pretty amazing friends, without a doubt the best in the world. My twenty fifth birthday was a strong mixture of emotions. Anxious to celebrate a milestones of sorts, I was insecure and almost burdened by the fact that yet another year of my life was quickly approaching with what was feeling like little accomplishment. I had yet to enter the "big girl world" as I like to describe it, yet I was feeling overcome by the weight of life's responsibilities. Enter amazing friends.

Through laughter, thoughtfulness, and plenty of surprises, my twenty fifth birthday was one that I will forever never forget. I've been caught off guard by the overwhelming support and love I have in my life. I've questioned so much in the past year in regards to friendships and relationships in general, and in the end I think I've got it made. Somehow, I've done something right to just have an amazing group of girlfriends (and guy friends as well) who I can count on through many of life's struggles.
I have a strong support base with individuals in my life who no matter what, under any circumstance, provide the love, support, and comfort I often times so desperately need. While I may not be in the exact place in life I had once envisioned, I am reminded daily by these very people that I'm talented and that endless love and support strengthens me. Each provides in their own way, and often times in unison the strength I need to carry on through the very burdens I carry on a daily basis. They humble me and lift me up all in one, and each friendship is near and dear to me. In so many words I'm blessed.

I have to credit my dear best friend, my Bister, for everything she did to make my evening one that I will never forget, something truly special. Her efforts shouldn't detailed, however her heart should. She is an amazing friend, a lifetime companion, a daily prayer of thanksgiving. In this way I too am extremely blessed.

My birthday celebration included a fun dinner out at one of Charlotte's hippest new uptown restaurants (I believe at one point in the evening we compared our selves to the Hills), followed by a gallivanting of sorts uptown, where we danced, sweated, and pushed the limits on how low on can get and still look classy. Here are some quick pictures of the evening, hopefully they capture all the fun and silliness that was had.

No comments: